Looking for a light take on a delicious dish? This Shrimp Scampi is healthy without sacrificing what you love about the classic dish. Whip this recipe up in just 30 minutes!
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
• 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1/4 cup dry white vermouth
• 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
Step 1: Pat your shrimp completely dry with a paper towel. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to the skillet. When the foaming subsides, raise the heat to high and invert the plate of shrimp over the skillet so the shrimp fall into the pan all at once. Cook the shrimp, without moving them, for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Turn the shrimp over and cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl.
Step 3: Return the skillet to the heat and pour in the vermouth and lemon juice. Boil the liquid until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Stir the lemon zest and parsley into the sauce. Pour the sauce over the shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss to combine.